What does the BMW Service II include?
We have been servicing Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche, VW, and Saab vehicles in the Hilton Head, Beaufort, Bluffton, and Sun City areas since 2003. We are often asked about what the manufactures specifies during the service interval and to explain exactly what is meant by those little lights and messages on your dash.
This list applies to all BMW’s from 1986 and newer.
- Change oil and oil filter while engine is at operating temperature.
- Check transmission for leaks.
- Check rear axle for leaks.
- Half shafts: Check for leaks at flexible boots.
- Visually check fuel tank, lines and connections for leaks.
- Check condition, positioning, and mounting of exhaust system. Examine for leaks.
- Check power steering system for leaks. Check p/s fluid level; add fluid if necessary.
- Check overall thickness of front and rear disc brake pads using special tool. Record results.
- Examine brake disc surfaces. Clean brake pad contact points in calipers. Grease wheel centering hubs. Check thickness of parking brake linings only when replacing rear pads. Record results.
- Check brake and clutch system connections and lines for leaks, damage, and incorrect positioning.
- Check steering for absence of play, condition of suspension track rods, front axle joints, steering linkage and joint disc.
- Check parking brake actuation. Adjust if necessary.
- Check all tire pressures (including spare – except M3, M5, Z8 and Alpina). Correct if necessary. Check condition of tires (outer surfaces [left/right]), tread wear and pattern
- Inspect entire body for rust and deterioration.
- Read out diagnostic system.
- Check engine cooling system/heater hose connections for leaks. Check coolant level and antifreeze protection level; add coolant if necessary.
Note: Coolant must be replaced every 4 years
- Check level of brake and clutch fluid in reservoir. Add fluid if required.
- Replace brake fluid every 2 years
- Check windshield washer fluid level and antifreeze protection. Fill up and/or correct if necessary.
- Check air conditioner operation.
- Replace microfilter.
- Reset Service Indicator.
- Replace intake air cleaner element.
- Check battery state-of-charge, and charge if required.*
- Check lighting system, i.e., headlights, foglights, parking, back-up, license-plate, interior (including map reading lights), glove box, flashlight, illuminated make-up mirrors, luggage compartment lights.
- Check instrument panel and dashboard illumination.
- Check all warning/indicator lights, check control.
- Check turn signals, hazard warning flashers, brake nlights, horns, headlight dimmer/flasher switch.
- Check wipers and washer system(s);wiper blades, washer jet positions.
- Check condition and function of safety belts.
- Recharge or replace batteries for remote controls in all vehicle master keys.
- Check central locking/double lock.
- Check operation of all latches.
- Check heater/air conditioner blower fan, rear window defogger.
- Check rear view mirrors.
- Visually examine the SRS airbag units for torn covers, obvious damage or attachment of decals, decorations or accessories.
- Activate automatic roll-over protection system (if equipped) via diagnostic link.
- Road test with check of brakes, suspension, steering, clutch/manual transmission or automatic transmission (except M3, M5, and Z8).
Call or email us today to schedule you service! 843-645-7717 email@example.com www.importserviceofthelowcountry.com